The Underneath Pleasure of Jewelry Making

by - September 08, 2015

Since I had nothing to do (in other ways it was called unemployed), I had a much longer vacation and free time than regular people had (they spent their days working and envying me, should I LOL?). A couple months ago my mother came back from Lombok and bought pearls for me, most of them are jewelry such as bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings, and watches. Also, the raw pearls !!! Aaaaa... the last is my request...

Actually, my mother and I had a huge project of jewelry making, we spent our time and money learning how to design and make DIY jewelry. We spend our free time making a “peniti jurai” (it was the hottest item until last year) we sell it to our friends or give it to them for free depending on our mood hehe. My mother liking made peniti jurai and I liking made bracelets and necklaces, sometimes we spend our weekends by made those and ignoring our house hehe...

When we were in making mode, our living room change became a huge mess... believe me, you wouldn't want to visit my home in that condition hehe Especially when we handled wedding souvenirs for my mother's friends, it never felt so messy... There is a time when we are crazy making jewelry and the time when we hate jewelry, LOL. We couldn't predict when we start or finish it. 

Like the other girls, I have fallen in love with jewelry since I was a child, I adore my mother's jewelry box and the content, especially the content. At that time making DIY jewelry wasn't as easy as today because there is an obstacle about the materials and how to make it, there are only a few DIY books and knowledge about it. 

If I am interested in one kind of jewelry I will break and remake it, of course, I couldn't make is the same as before and broke it. Even though my mother is often angry about my behavior I feel so anxious and satisfied at the same time.

I started to be interested (again) during my college time, I even took a class in jewelry making at UPI. My basic design is very helpful because I have know the materials better than others (n.n) and had a taste of it, OK, I might still be an amateur but I tried my best. Nowadays, I make bracelets and necklaces just for pleasure, mostly for special occasions such as wedding days (my friend's wedding, definitely) or just for hanging out with my friends. Also, I made it for my cousins and nieces when they came to my house as a welcoming gift hehe

FYI, if you want to start your DIY jewelry or want to know more about it, just click beadsbuttonmagazine.com
 
BTW, here is my DIY jewelry... feel free to ask how to make it 6(^_^)9

You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~