Playlist That My Mom Love The Most

by - December 23, 2015

Here are My Mom's favorite playlists which she got from mine (playlist), It's nice to share the songs with my mother.

Billie Holiday - Blue Moon

I forgot from whom I got this song, I thought it suddenly appeared on my playlist (^.^) When my mom asked for a new song for her playlist, I gave this because this song is ear-catching and so unique. My mother liked this song and asked for another Billy Holiday song after.

This song reminds me of the classy cartoons of MGM (Metro Goldwin Meyer), most of their episode used this kind of song as parts, meanwhile, it appears as a black people band and dance. I don't know in which areas Billie Holiday was, maybe in jazz, maybe in blues, or both? I didn't know yet.

I rarely found Billie Holiday songs sung on TV before, until one day... on the X-Factor Indonesia stage, there was a shopkeeper boy who came from Jawa Tengah singing Billie Holiday's song, Gloomy Sunday. Of course, his voice isn't as good as another contestant's (please accept my apologies), but he tried to sing this song in Billy Holiday's way so well, he did it and I can't believe it.

The X-Factor Indonesian judges were so surprised by him. That boy explains that he picked Gloomy Sunday because he likes that song, actually, he likes Billie Holiday. He spent time in a cafe internet (warnet) searching for everything about it, and he learned how to sing by himself, that's why he went to X-Factor Indonesia. For learn how to sing well.

He passed in the early stage of The X-Factor Indonesian elimination, but he was defeated in the next stage. The X-Factor Indonesian judges saw his curiosity and enthusiasm but still couldn't help him to increase his skill instantly, that boy accepted the decision and left the stage smiling, I knew... he got the highest reach of his life and it was enough.

My mom said, "I thought if he sing Blue Moon on this stage, he will pass..."

Zooey Deschanel - Sugar Town

I knew this song after watching 300 Days of Summer, such a drama movie that made me feel so anxious, maybe because the story does (not) have a happy ending. In that movie, Summer (Zooey Deschanel) sings this song in a bar after working as a new newcomer in the office. I got this song from my friend who watched this movie, actually most of my friends fell in love with 300 Days of Summer, boys mostly.

My Mom loves the reff: su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... su... sugar town... She thinks the songs sound funny because, in the Indonesian language, susu means milk, and in the Sundanese language susu means breast.

My Mom said "su ... su ... su ... su ... hahahahahaha"

The Pierces - Secret 

I downloaded this song after watching the Pretty Little Liars series, as long as I remember this song appears in the Gossip Girls series, in a masked ball scene while Blair and Nate dance. This song is perfect for that scene because everybody hides their identity behind the mask and the song's tone so gloomy and mysterious, it's also matches with the classy costumes.

At first, I didn't agree Pretty Little Liars used this song as a soundtrack, I thought this song didn't match the character and storyline which is so 'teenager'. But, after a few episodes, I realized, this song was used because of the lyrics describing Pretty Little Liars storyline in general, about someone who kept a secret until the death.

My Mom loves the tempo, it's slow early and faster after.

My Mom said, "This song is perfect for a ball, the song is so mysterious. Everybody must have a mask and evening dress".

You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~