Marathon Weddings

by - October 05, 2014


My best friend's weddings are so close, we are preparing to attend their weddings. Fahria will be married on September 12th night at Jakarta and Mazia will be married on September 13th morning at Yogyakarta. Could we attend their weddings? It is 2 different places in 2 days. Yes. Is it too mainstream? Nope.

So, because leaving my office for a couple of days will make my boss crazy and will give fire puke to my friend. I decided to resign. Why? Because I’m not satisfied with my job. I’ve got sick almost every month in a way I couldn't describe. After thinking a couple times I realized that my friend's wedding was very teasing and I don't want to miss it.

After a cyber meeting (via Line Apps) we decided to attend their weddings, not everyone will attend Fahria’s, and not everyone will attend Mazia’s. Also, we decided on a gift for them just by photo. Maya is responsible for collecting money from us. Hani is responsible for choosing, buying, wrapping, and carrying the gift until the wedding day. Pici and Icunk will take responsibility for booking and buying train tickets to Yogyakarta, including vacation destinations after Mazia’s. Ana will open her house for us. How about me? I’m busy with resigning things hehe.

For the Bandung area, we will go to Jakarta after the Friday prayer. Except for Pici and Icunk, they decided to join the groom's bus to Jakarta. It’s kind of a funny thing, how could the bride's friend join with the groom's family without knowing each other, a little awkward maybe hehe Anyway... See you soon there.

A week before Fahria sent me uniform material. But, 1 day before the date, the tailor isn't sewing it yet. Off course I'm disappointed and getting angry, I ask him to finish it tomorrow no matter will happen. I went to the tailor after finished saying goodbye to my ex-officemate and need to wait until 10 AM.

I went to Bandung by bus and meet Ami at Setiabudhi Street. Then, we pick up Nurma at Leuwi Panjang station, she is late because the bus driver had a Friday prayer before. Then, we pick up Hadin and Abink (Hani's husband) at UIN. We are agree to meet Fira and her new boyfriend whom (we) called Ariel NOAH at the rest area. Sstttt... Actually, he is not like Ariel NOAH identically, but there is something on his face that will remind us of Ariel NOAH.

We really went to Jakarta at 03.30 PM and face terrific traffic on the way to Jakarta, we’re worried so much... We changed our dress and veil in the fastest way and also had makeup on the road. As our prediction, we came late to Fahria’s. Time is over... Because we were so late, we had dinner with the bride and groom's family. We do...

Pici, Icunk, Maya, and Caca already left to print the ticket at Senen Station one hour before. So, me and Hany must catch the train at 11 PM and we left Fahria’s at 10 PM in a rush. Oohhh... thank you so much GPS, you made us find the right path.

We arrived at Senen Station on time, very on time, at the last minute of train departure. Pici and Maya waiting for us in front of the gate to bring gifts for Mazia. We ran onto the train with our bag and dress... We had separated seats, Vici, Maya, Hany, and Caca had group seats, me and Icunk in different rows. I don't have time for changing my dress and the situation is very difficult to change in the train washroom, in this kind of situation I prefer not to change my dress and consider wearing ‘daster’ for sleeping on the train.

We used Economics class for saving money and time. The best thing in Economic class is electricity, we can charge our cell phones. So far so good...

We arrived at Yogyakarta at 07 AM, then went to a hotel in front of the wedding hall which was booked by Mazia. Off course we missed the wedding ceremony (again) at 07 AM. The first thing we do after getting the room is breakfast. Trust me, sitting on a train seat for a long time without eating snacks and needing more sleep makes me hungry, very hungry...

We went to Mazia’s at 10 AM, even though the wedding hall is in front of the hotel, we must cross the protocol street in our dresses, high heels, and gift. Everyone in the street is watching us. We met Ana and Acong in the lobby, and they took responsibility for the gift keeper. As we know, hungry could continue, we spent a minute later for tried every menu while waiting to shake hands in the queue. Just because we tried almost every menu doesn't mean we are full.


I rarely use high heels because I didn't like the feeling when I wear them, my foot is always tired, itchy, and became red. During Mazia's wedding, I accidentally broke my high heels strap when trying to make it more comfortable on my feet. So, I didn't have any choice except to walk barefoot towards the hotel and bring my high heels in my hand.

We repacked our bags and check out from the hotel for a stay in Ana's house at Kauman, we use Trans Yogya to go there. I didn't know what is going on with the driver, but for me, he drove a little bit rocky, not smoothly as he should be. Finally, we arrived safely at Ana's house and unpacked our bag, and run towards Malioboro Street.

Then, we spent the rest of the day walking around Malioboro Street, looking for cool things we couldn't find in Bandung and taking pictures randomly. We also visit Mirota Batik (as always), I brought a dupa and Keraton logo sticker for my mom and marked a cute pillow case for my home. I have a plan to buy it before going home soon, later did I know... I regret this.

Ana, Icunk, Caca, and Hany left first, then Pici, Maya, and I spent more time for drink Wedang and eating Sate near Bringharjo market. We talked a lot about my... I-don't-know-how-I-describe-it, let's say... my friend circle that seems hard to move on from his previous relationshit. Yes, I talk about that friend who always stays with his annoying circle.

For me, it is really annoying if there is someone whose have an interest in our ex-boyfriend but always keeps mentioning our name as a reason to engage. Like... don't you have interesting things to offer beside sell our name to jump into, not to mention, but her aggressive act made us raise our eyebrow... However, we agree that not interacting with them (including my friend) is too annoying.

Our plan tomorrow is to visit Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran, Sri Gethuk Waterfall, and the beach (anywhere) in that area. Wish our trip going well...

We went in the morning by rent car and I'm the only one who decided to leave without taking a shower.

GUNUNG API PURBA NGLANGGERAN

Our first destination is Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran, I didn't know the details yet because Pici and Ana already handle our trip very well. So, please... don't ask me the details, just Googling by yourself.

It takes more than 1 hour of walking (and a little bit of climbing) from the ticketing stand to the peak of Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran. There are 5 points between, and at each point, there is a hut that we can use when are tired. Be careful with yourself and your belonging, you may meet a hungry monkey near the garbage whose love to jump around the branch of the trees above.

We left Acong and Hany at 1st point because they do not want to climb. Pici, Maya, Chacha, Icunk, and I continue to climb to the peak. We must climb on the small way with rock and dust, use the emergency ladder which is made from a branch of the tree, enter the small tunnel which fits only 1 body (in medium size) and share (limited) water together because feel too heavy for carrying 1 big bottle of water. Our bodies are tired and dirty, especially our feet. That showed enough we rarely do some sport activity. Also, mentally we’re not ready for this heavy track.

There are some direction boards on the way to the peak of Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran. One of them shows the direction to the water source which not allowed women on her period to enter that area. After reed that warning we’re surprised by another direction board. It told, “Sell Dawet”. OMG, there are Dawet aka Cendol seller here. I thought they had a good market strategy, selling drinks to people which tired and thirsty after climbing would make a good profit.

Icunk almost lost her chance to reach the peak of Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran. Actually, she only needs to climb the ladder to reach the peak, but she isn't confident with her weight and lets us climb. How hard we tried for makes her climb, but she prefer for waiting for us. So, we left her. When we were busy to took a picture, she came up. Haha... finally she climbs the ladder while no one sees.

From the information that we’ve got, we could see a lake on the peak. In reality, there is nothing on the peak, only rock, and sun. How about the lake? Yes, we can see it, this peak is only a spot for looking at the lake from the top, not the lake on the peak. Disappointed? Yes!! Then, as usual we spent the noon with took a picture, it’s better than having nothing hehe

However, we would like to thank you for Tongsis inventor "Your invention makes our moment so perfect Sir” *raise hat








SRI GETHUK WATERFALL

Our next destination is Sri Gethuk Waterfall. I really don't know exactly where it is. Please understand, I slept in the car after a tired climb at the peak of Gunung Api Purba Nglanggeran in a hungry condition. That makes sense right? I woke up a minute before arrived.

We decided to have lunch before playing in the water, yes playing, at that time we still didn't know yet about this waterfall or outdoor activity package. The management of this place prepared a hut, washroom, and musholla, not many but very helpful for visitors who want to take a rest or pray.

We took a body rafting package and got 1 guide, I don't know his name, but he is very kind and took many pictures of us. To reach the waterfall, we must ride the boat, not really a boat, a kind of artificial boat, made from barrel tin and have a seat such as angkot. There are many (mini) waterfall (including rainbow), and most of them aren't really high but has swift water. Watch your step!! Mossy rocks are everywhere, and it has a sharp shape that can hurt your foot.

The last waterfall is the highest and calmest, maybe because it’s far from another waterfall less interesting to see. I thought it was the bathing place for the angel who visited Earth hehe I say so because the rock cut off very well and was hidden in the corner. The only solution for coming back are to swim, actually, we can climb back, but it’s too tiring and we want to get wet hehe

While we swim into the border, we’d seen some people jump into the water. I took a long time before jumping, the hardest part are my readiness of myself when throw myself into the water. I just worried if there is any crocodile or snake or whatever awaited me such as in the movie I’ve seen. Or how if I couldn't get from the water. Or what if I bleed because of hitting the wall. Or how if I... how if I... If I... I... yeah you know what I meant... it’s when done. Congratulations!!!!

We went back by boat, but before reaching the deck Acong, Caca, Maya, Pici, and I decide to swim near the boat, just to make good memories. We change our clothes without taking a shower and took our stuff at the ticketing locket before leaving. As I told you before hungry continues, even in the car we’re busy searching the snack, and only Makaroni Pedas dan Emplod Pedas (the newest item) from Pici online shop can understand us.





BARON BEACH

Because we came late, the guide of ticketing gave us a discount? We don't have many times there only took a picture (in a rush). We’re very excited for captured moment until forget the sunset things. Actually, we can’t see the sunset, it hid behind the hill. But we don't care!! The most important things are (even though we’re late) we visited 3 places in 1 day and checked in by Path hehe

We left the beach after maghrib, sleeping directly after sitting in the car. I woke up when we pass Bintang Hill, what we’ve seen later are so awesome. The light of Yogyakarta spread beautifully... then I slept (again). We arrived at Kauman after Isya, after dinner. I force myself to take a bath before sleep. As I mentioned before, the content of Sri Gethuk waterfall is moss and everything that I don't want to know. Eewww...





***

In the morning we have different activities and plan to do

Ana - She attends her 1st day of S2 life
Acong - She went to Yogyakarta Zoo for the last day internship
Caca and Maya - train departure at 03.00 PM (Lempuyangan) they stay at Ana’s stay and pack stuff
Pici - train departure on 02.00 PM (Lempuyangan) she finally went to Purwokerto to attend her boyfriend's graduation. Actually, she was confused choose the transportation that fit her will, then we forced her to take the train because it more saving time and we could go to the station together
Icunk - train departure on 02.00 PM (Lempuyangan) she went to Bringharjo market to buy cashew
Hany - train departure on 03.00 PM (Lempuyangan) she plans to go to Bringharjo market for... I don't know hehe
Me - train departure on 10.10 PM (Tugu) went to Bringharjo market for window shopping and buying pillow case + curtain at Mirota

In the Bringharjo market, I bought 1 pack of Emping Manis only not interested in other things. In Mirota I was very disappointed when knew the pillow case that I (really) wanted sold out. At that time I’m very stressed because I only buy stuff I liked and I wouldn't buy it if I don't like it. But (again), I promised Mom to buy a pillowcase, so... I bought it.

Actually, it has the same design with different colors, I like the white version but bought the cream version. Maybe some people thought is not a big deal, white or cream. But for me as a designer that is a big deal, color difference, correct pattern, perfect sewing margin, and other things applied to the product are so important. I spent more than 15 minutes checking every pillow case detail! I regret not buying it before...

Ana arrived before Hany, Caca, Maya, Icunk and Pici left. They rent a car for going to the train station. So, only Ana and I were left in the house. Nothing to do the rest of the day, we fall asleep after gossiping about many things about Mile. Ana accompany me to the train station at the night, I waited to train almost for 1 hour and feel lonely hehe

I can't sleep tight, just because I’m alone. I arrived at Bandung train station at 07 AM and decided to go back home directly. Reality waiting for me there...

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. thank you dear for coming to my wedding, love from jogja :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~