Dear Diary

by - October 26, 2014




I've got my first diary as my 9th birthday present, at that time I only know it used for recap my activities on whole day into 1 page, only 1 page. It's make a little bit frustated, because I have many story that I wanted to write, even sometimes I confused which part in my whole day really need to write. For make my diary so me (hehe) I attached Hello Kitty sticker and signature, also writed biography of my family tree member. I start that kind of my (un) routine activities after studied in the night and decided it as a hobby.

Every diary has a secret, I dont like and afraid if people (anyone) read my diary, because it's privated stuff and I worried so much I make people uncomfortable if they know i writed about theirself or people that they know from my perception. So, for make it blurred I used to write by their initial name (actually more clearly) or nickname and some code which understand by myself. off course, I feel so cool hehe

When I enter boarding school in Garut, I brought my old diary for ensure no one read it hehe. My journey has began since I stay at dormitory, many things happened and. 


Fortunately, I found some of my new friend had a similiar habit. We spent the next day writing diary together before sleep and remind if one of us skip 1 day without writing. It's a big deal for me for skipped 1 day, because I felt guilty and need to pay.

Writing diary before sleep is the popular activities in my dormitory, it's kind a common things if we're grouped, sat in front of our cupboard, writing on knockdown table, or writing in the bed until fall assleep. For a moment it seen as grouping study, but actually busy discuss activities and details of that day for make a similar and linked story for written. 


We're so productive writing diary more than writing our daily task hehe...
I often stole the time during waiting teacher changing, free time while the teacher didnt show yet or during the class which I think not really important hehe

I like to spend my money for bought diary, notebook, stationary etc. That's why I have a lot of stationary stuff. For supporting my habit, I bought color pen, pencil color and another coloring things which used for writing and decorating my dairy. 


Beside writing in diary, I like to writing in back of my book, most of them are full of song lyric and my feelings hehe...  Sometimes I writing on my desk (sstttt...), my bed (sstttt... ), my class wall (sstttt...), my examination paper (ssttt...) wherever and whenever


On High School, my Sociology teacher given the most adorable task to our class and it's the collest things that I really wanna do with all my heart. The task is simple : Writing journal of our life, the content are free depend on us, but at least it must have our biography, hobby and any interest thing of our self.

So, I started my official journal refers on that task. Choosing journal book is really important, because it would represent myself. I added picture (my family, myself and my friend), behind the reason of my name, my dream, my future, my favorite things (favorite song, favorite book, favorite movie etc). Also, unimportant story of myself.

I thought it would be an easy task now, I mean now condition. When we've got that task, we dont have PC or laptop, what we have are Computer Laboratory which rarely used (once or twice in a week and we must be queue at least 2 nights before) with terrific internet connection. We havent much reference for writing a journal, but we crazy about it. We spend the night and holiday by cutting our magazine and poster, searching photos in our family album, remind our memory and trying to make a good story of ourself, decorate our page in maximum skill haha

One of my friend decided for using tape recorder than writing her journal. She feel frustated because she didnt like writing, but more intresting with talking, too much talking. Beside that, the rule never mention about the media we should use for making a journal. We dont envy with her, whom explain herself by tape recorder while we're busy attach picture to journal and spending time trying so hard make a good sentences. We're different and we accept it.

We used our highest skill until maximum level because we want to present our best side of ourself in this task, in this journal. We dont care the result. We care the process behind and enjoyed it. From this task, I learned everybody is different and want to show the different of theirself in differet way. I admitted, I'm very thankfull by this task because finally I know myself and accept everything in me. Also, Thank you for Mr. QQ (Sociology teacher) for this chance, you make our day so awesome.

I've got laptop from my father, but I still keep continue writing in diary. Then, I tempted by blogging, it's the coolest things in my era hehe 


The template concept so blinded me, I spent an hours for personalize my blog, searching the cute template, cute background, cute application, cute pointer icon etc. Also, I spent more time only for editing, I just want to ensure the readers feel comfortable with the visual of my blog. I personalize blog almost every week.Beside that, I can enclose picture, video or link of my favorite site and another blog in my post. It's so easy than cutting the magazine and rewrite the lyric into diary. So amazing.


I rarely writing directly, I mean I'd prefer to writing before then copy to my post (to-be). It's saving time. That's why sometimes I posted more than 1 post in 1 day. 

I kept writing diary until early of my college life, allthougth sometimes I need to force myself for keep that habit. Since I had a lot of task which make me busy, I writing in digital media. Not because writing diary manually so yesterday, but because I can writing during doing my task. Because I will share it into public , I choose posting the in general theme only, the private things never fit to share

After graduated, I've been working in International company which produce sporty shoes. In that company I used to communicated by English language, because my job related with foreigner. I had learn how to make a good communication by mail, and  for gain my skill in English I decided for practicing in the way I'd like, so I started make post in English. Still amateur. And I hope would be better later.

I used a notebook as diary, it's very helpfull for tracking our job. For the first time I used it for writing the planning, I usually used it for resume my activity in a whole day before. One day , my boss gave a diary for all staff of our department. He want us us writing a planning for 1 day in the morning and checked before left by ourself. It's very good if we can do our job as planned, but if we cant do our job as planned, he will asking about our responsibility 'how could you cant handle the job that you planned?' and it will end by reporting and replaned that job tomorrow.

When I read my old diaries and old post in my blog. I realize I was changed, in another way I was developed. From the language or the of my writing style, I can see the different, let say it metamorphoself. I was started writing by 'cupu' style when I'm in elementary school, transform into 'teenager' style which known as 'aL4y' style (I feel so cool in that era), transform into 'mahasiswi' style which shown how I life, then transform into 'worker' style which how I need to used English in daily life, and now 'jobless' style which make me more productive :)

The most important things are, I'm in on progress to be a better writer.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~