Mine Favorite Book List

by - April 24, 2015

Today is the World Book Day and I want to share my favorite book, actually I had many favorite book as my favorite movie but however I couldnt pick them all right? So I sort 5 recommended books which was worthy to read, from local author and foreign author in all genre. Here they are ...

Harry Potter series
J. K. Rowling made me crazy and imagine about another world that seems so close with our living, I cant counting how many times I (re)read this book (all series including the additional book) and spent the day and night just for read this book until finish. This book is the most thickly book that I ever read in my teenager life (I reed Mushashi after by e-book, so itsn’t count as essentials book in physic form) and the most awaiting book of my life because I need to preorder even before they published it.

Harry Potter is a poor boy whom living with Dursley family, they threated him badly and his cousin Dudley always bullying him. He spent his life unnoticed until one day he got a mysterious envelope from Magical School named Hogwarts. After a little fighting with the Dursley, Harry start to entering the magical worlds with Hagrid.

Diagon Alley, Lumos, Quidditch, Boggart, Dobby is just a little things in magical world, there are so many (detail) things which is interesting to imagine. With his bestfriend Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger he starting his adventure in Hogwarts. Together they’re facing the (dark) hidden secret in Hogwarts and magical world also the truth of Harry’s parent death.

As usually there always an enemy in every book and his is Voldermort a.k.a you-know-who whom known as his parents murder. Beside that Harry had a cruel rival named Draco Malfoy but in the end they being (awkward) friend. Last but not least is Severus Snape the man behind whom keept Harry in his way.

I feel this book is made a big influence in my life, I became a freak reader and thristy (book) reader hehe 1 book in a day isnt enough. Also we (me and Vici my bedmate) adapt Harry and Ron habit saying “good night” before sleep and trying to made our day in dormitory awesome as in Harry Potter book.

Sometimes Harry Potter words remain in my mind ...

2nd Traveller Tale


I falling in love with this book since the first time saw the cover and the authors hehe Adhitya Mulya and Ninit Yunita yes, I adored them. I’m loving the way Adhitya Mulya represent his character (most of his book) funny, ugly but adorable, simple and to the point.

This book is about the unfinished square love (see ... triangle love is so yesterday hehe) in a frienship gank of 4 peoplesince Senior High School. Interesting, they falling in love to each other in one time by a little accident. They grown up with unrealize love that always following their life, wherever they go.

Ucup : The poor man whom always being the poor man hehe He spent his incridible live with optimism that he would survived from anything for Farah. He working in bloody war of African border.

Farah: The most beautiful girl, eh woman, in this gank. Her Jordanian blood made her became an centre attention. She is working in Hoi An Vietnamese, spent her the time by waiting Francis message.

Francis : He is a pianist, the brave one and the nicest man whom always pay attention to Retno. He is the mother of this journey. He is nomaden.

Retno : If Francis is the mother of this journey, so she is the mother of this unfinished square love. She might not beautiful as Farah, but she’s pretty on her way (Francis way). She isworking in Denmark and ready for travelling.

Everyone (not everyone, BTW only Ucup and Farah) is screwing up when Francis sent the invitation e-mail, a mariage invitation in Barcelona Spain. So they are ... passed half of the world map, raced to hold back the marriage and told the truth, a long lasting (unfinished) love. Just for 1 answer ... the answer that would be change their life.

There is 4 authors, everyone had their characther and really described the way to Barcelona based on the character working place. 2 thumbs up! And more 2 thumbs up (with my foot thumb hehe) for the story, i feel amazed!!!

After read this book I had a big desire to have a chance for traveling and wish it could be true. BTW i knew about backpacker concept by this book hehe

AntologiRasa
The more you make me suffer the more I find I love you
The more you read the book the more you find that Ika Natassa need to make into triology (please) because 1 book isn’t enough, I (we, actually) want more, more, more and more.

The story is about unfinish square love(again hehe) from Harris to Keara to Rully to Denise, they working together in a Bank, so be ready to get some explanation about Banker things and how they’re life. Keara branded stuff is so tempting me, really tempting me. I can’t ignore the desire of woman, love the beautifulness even it’s painfull.

Ika Natassa using 2 language in this book, Indonesian and English, so far it’s OK for using both even (actually) I (still) took more time for understand hehe After read Antologi Rasa I search another book of her (even the background story still Banker things)

BTW, should I tell about the book right? Hehe Every book is awesome if we’re loving the author first.Yap. Ika Natassa is complete package hehe She is clever, had a high taste, always sharing a good review or link by twitter (I’m her follower) and her sketch skill is a bonus. So, how can I’m not falling to her? 

I enjoying Antologi Rasa as I drink fruity youghurt, it’s biting, the taste in my mouth was shocking my heart but cant stop until finish.

Sirkusdirektørensdatter/ Putri Sirkus dan Lelaki Penjual Donggeng


This is my first Jostein Gaardr tehat I read before Sophie’s World, I impressed with the way of his thinking, let’s say out of the box. His philosopher background is the main interest of the book, he mixing the imagination and a little bit of philosopy into those (not much as Sophie’s Worlds) off course it became a great result, a story of story.

With easy and simple words he let me in into his worlds, Peter worlds (for this book). A smart boy which had a big imagination and a chance to make it true. He growing up as a nice guy and his love life leads him into the great idea of literature world, Writer’s Aid. He is selling the draft or half story ideas to the other writer whom had difficulties of writing ideas, they only need to develop or decorate the story.

Until one day, he found that most of his story is published by strange writer out of his cycle, then most of his buyer is concern and complain. He escaping to ignore his buyer and accidently meet with a girl whom created by his.

The most interest part of this book is the draft story of Writer’s Aid, a story of story. You only need to read this book to know what I really feel when read this book. It’s easy to understand but hard to explain.

BTW, you would curious Jostein Gaarder other book after read this book.

Totto Chan : The Little Girl At The Window


My father gave me this book when I was on Junior High School, he told me that he read the book review on the newspaper before bought this book for me. Wishing me enjoy the high quality book.

The book is about the girl named Totto Chan a little girl whom schooling in Tomoe Gakuen, owned by Kobayashi.

My first impression is “her school is more fun than mine” hehe The method is so tempting and keep me asking “why we dont use those method in our school?” Totto Chan school is opening my mind about education concept, school is about learning and everyone had their way of learning, dont push  just let it flew away ...

Totto Chan school is amazing place for learning and would be a great school in the future, but unfortunatelly this school was bomb on 2nd world war and never build again.
This is a recommended book for education student whom want to know more about education method.

OK, that’s all for now, I hope this book list would be helpful ... See me on the next review.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~