Beginner to Resigner

by - September 26, 2014


I got my first job after graduating from college, I was accepted as development staff in a footwear factory. I interviewed for my company to be, an unfinished area that would be the largest industry in my province. Actually, at that time they wanted to put me in the General Affair department, but I was rejected because it did not match my major as a Product Designer. So I asked for another department that, at least matches my major. Fortunately, they have... for the Development department. 

Because of that, I need to have a second interview with my boss, they called me at 10.30 PM for the interview schedule.

After the interview, I need to take a medical check-up. The hospital is very far away from my town, I said that because it is near another town on the way to Jakarta. I went to the hospital and was disappointed. The electricity is off because they (the electricity company) need to fix one tower in front of the hospital, it took time until 5 pm. I have all the medical check-ups but need to wait for an X-ray check until more than 5 pm. So good... So Nice...

When I gave a medical check-up report to my company, I asked to staff there about my first day working. 

A: When I will start working? I mean the date...
Q: Just wait for my phone call

Day after day, no one called me, I thought they canceled or forgot to make a phone call. One fine day, I watched Running Man until 3 am, and I late woke up at 9 am. I’ve got a phone call from I-don’t-know-who.

Q: Why you don't come?
A: What? (are you talking about)
Q: It is your first day working in our company
A: I don't know, he told will call me
Q: Could you come here
A: OK, I’ll be there soon 

He is from my company to be, partner to be, friend to be, maybe. I took a bath quickly and called my father to drop me off. I feel in slow-motion mode when we’re trapped in the parade (Subang anniversary). We just can follow one direction, because no way out here. I arrived in perfect timing, yes perfect timing, I arrived when the employee was ready to go for lunch. So, the first thing I do in that company is not to introduce myself to other employees or sit in my seat. I started my first day with lunch.

After lunch the assistant manager introduced me to all the employees in our office, I shook every hand and tried to remember their names one by one. Besides that, I’ve got some greetings like ‘Welcome to our company’, ‘Welcome to the jungle’, ‘Have good work’ etc. I spent the rest of the day with my boss talking about our job in the development department. Globally, our company makes shoes and to make shoes we need people who understand the process. That’s why our department is very important because without us they wouldn't know what should they do.

At that time my English was very bad, I just said ‘yes’ and other short sentences. After I worked there, I have a little improvement in my English, at least I can write an e-mail and speak more than 2-3 sentences in English. Our company belongs to a foreigner, still Asian. But, of course, we need to talk in English because they don't talk in our language and we don't talk in their language. Even sometimes there is miscommunication between us, especially with dialect, need more time to understand that.

I worked for almost 1 year and I feel bored, I’m very thankful that I can learn so many things in the footwear industry. Then, I think about myself, even if they say our company is a big company with a bright future. But, there is something that I can't deal with it. I feel like minions hehe... too much unsatisfied can kill my mind. I’d spent more than 1 year working there. Until someone (you – don’t – need – to – know) told me that high school graduates can do my job. At that time, I hate him. I hate him because he is right. So? If high school graduates can do that job, why did he hire S1 graduates?

Cheap salary!

I worked for almost 1,5 years and am ready to resign. I resigned yesterday. So, I’m resigner. That’s the important news for this week. Because I’m sick, almost every month I go to the doctor. My friends gave me a lot of advice, however, they tried to stop me, so I decided to go.

I have good friends, a good job, and other good things. And I am very thankful for...
- all my friends who taught me very well
- all my friends who supported me at work
- all my friends who tried to cancel my decision
- all my friends who cried for me on the day I left
- all my friends who missed me until now

Because I’m officially resigning now, I need to find a job that is fit for me. My dream job is...
- not wearing a uniform 
I rarely bought new clothes and screw up when can’t find the perfect match in my closet
- not wearing the same bag 
That makes me feel in Playgroup
- no need for loyalty
come on... I work for money, if you want loyalty get a dog
- 5 days work 
I hope I’ll say TGIF
- healthy work environment
I wish...


You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~