Short Trip to Pulau Biawak

by - May 10, 2014


Last month I decided to join the trip with my workmate to visit Biawak Island. An island that I never heard before. Seriously, i never know if there was an island named like that, after all this time I just know Komodo island 😅.

FYI. As long as I know Biawak a big 'dyno' lizzard and smaller than Komodo, Biawak is carnivor, they ate meat such as Komodo.

The trip participants are me, Mayang, Rika and Ika. Unfortunately, Ika couldn't make it in last minute because her sister is ill. Unfortunatelly, she is the one whom knew the itinerary and transportation to go there better than us. Yeah... Wish we can have a trip later.

FROM SUBANG TO INDRAMAYU 

It was very hard to get the bus in the afternoon, especially in long weekend season. Finally, at 6 PM (after waiting for 1 hour) we got the got bus near the street. We don't to waiting in station becauae it was  dangerous and wasting time. You know what? We spent 4 hours after stucked at Pantura. The situation was so chaos, many truck and bus fighting to get the better side of road. If you didn't know most of Pantura road is very awful, therea are so many holes and bad ashpalt texture, therefore, undicipline driver is common things in Pantura.

We are waiting at Indramayu station until someone from trip agent picking up us to their house (our meeting point). We are tired and hungry, but need to charge our phone. So we are sleeping during charging our phone and forgetting dinner

1 AM: Prepare and double check our bag, we’re dropped by trip agent car to a small dock somewhere at Pantura beach.

We left the dock into the sea, with the moon and the stars guiding us. I can saw the light of Java faded slowly, the light of the house, the light of the city, the light of the eternal flame. All faded into the silent journey we heading of.

The weather at that night was so cold, as cold as every fisherman felt every time he find her. The only light we had is come from the sailor lamp that hanging on the pole. The deep calm water and the dark sky makes the blurry borderlines between the sea and the sky.


Suddenly, the crimsons red tear the sky, brought us the sunken sun from the bottom of the sea, the wind bring the seagulls to wake us up. In the middle of nowhere, I awake. 
 
We're lucky to be the witness of these amazing view.

Slow but sure, our boat arrived safely to the dock of Biawak island. I saw 3-5 Biawaks tanning theirselves and enjoying the life they lived in. I tried to ignoring them, but I still feel afraid they will bite and tear my body into pieces. Damn! Too much watching National Geographic 😁.


The three of us

Me & Mayang

It's me

It's me again

One of them

After put our bags in the mess and ate snack (help, I need rice), we went to snorkling-diving spot by boat. The trip participants is around 10 peoples come from any background and city, we found this Pulau Biawak open trip from Kaskus forum *felt old yet? 😂

Pulau Biawak is accidentaly founded by foreigner whom looking for diving spot at the north sea of Java around 2000s. That is explained why Pulau Biawak is rarely heard especially to old peoples like our parents. Then the goverment took the responsibility and rebuild the facilitate on the island, including assigned an island keeper.

Pulau Biawak is covered by tropical plants and Biawak, to be honest I didnt know why and how Biawak take over the island. Maybe they accidentaly came here by the mercusuar keeper boat? Maybe the mercusuar keeper need a friend? Maybe they swim to far? Who knows 😁.

The first time Pulau Biawak found, it only has an abandoned mercusuar, the keeper house and a few of unknown graves. Nobody lives there and no one know who are sleeping in that coffin. The Biawak is the only witness of the leftover existence.




Back to diving-snorkling thingy... 

A half of the participants were a diver whom need to stamped their book, sorry... I didn't know well about it. And the rest are domestic tourist whom didnt know what to do in long weekend. 

The first snorkling spot is so-so, the water is calm but only has a few coral and fish. We are spent a lot of time here, one of the participant hand was stinged by fire coral. Then we asked the trip agent to find another spot to explore.

The second snorkling spot is better than the first spot, I found more coral and fish. I even couldn't stepped my foot on the surface because it covered by corals. We spent our afternoon here until our skin browning



When we came back to Pulau Biawak, the tour agent served us food, not a fancy food by the way but at least it helped our hungry stomach. I didn't know how I describe this feelings, but I feel dizzy since we arrived on the island, that dizzyness is still continue until we eat. Maybe I'm too hungry to admit that I need rice more than ever haha




You May Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave some feedback after, also don't hesitate to poke me through any social media where we are connected. Have a nice day everyone~